Wednesday 13 August 2014

Magic Memories

 The Alzheimers Society have asked people to share a special memory about an older person, so this has been our writing focus for the week. The children wrote and then published their stories today, some funny and some sad, but all written with real feeling and Mrs Flood and I were really touched by them. Here are some of the stories.






My Grandfather
                                                                                                                              
My Grandfathers name is Ronald but we call him Ronald Mcdonald. He wears patterned sweatshirts, baggy trousers and wooly socks that stink. He has white soft hair, brown sparkly eyes. My Grandfather does not smile but uses his eyes to twinkle with happiness.The best memory is when I would sit on his lap and he would have his legs spread out and at the right time he would let them go and I would tumble to the ground and after I would hop back on his lap and he would bounce me and tickle me at the same time. The other memory is when I would get a sneaky lollies.
Now my Grandfather is living in a rest home because he has Alzheimers so if he could remember our best memory he would have a twinkle in his eye. The last time we visited him he said hello and bye for the first time in 3yrs.

By Chelsea Martin and dedicated to my Grandfather Ronald Mcdonald.

No comments: