Monday 7 March 2016

E-mail from an author!

I couldn't believe it when the husband of the author of the Grandma McGarvey books just happened to be visiting our school last week! When he heard that we had been writing character descriptions of Grandma McGarvey he just had to come and have a look and when he saw the fabulous writing he asked me to send some of them to his wife, Jenny Hessell. Here is the e-mail I received back from Jenny! I've also uploaded some more of the wonderful writing that the children did.

Dear Naomi

Thank you so much for getting in touch. It's great to hear that Grandma continues to entertain and inspire. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your students' work - what lively, perceptive writers. Could you please let me know the name/number of your class and the postal address of your school so that I can respond and thank them for sharing their work.

Warm regards
Jenny Hessell










No comments: