Wednesday 21 August 2013

The eye of the storm By Zoe Francis

  I am trying to contact earth. I am being chased by another dragon trainer. I have the rarest dragon in practically the whole world and I am trying to release it back into the eye of the storm. Me and the creature have been traveling for several weeks. I detest this place very much. I am spooked. If you knew what I'm in, you would understand. I am in pitch black and I am getting forced to throw away my only connection with Earth: All my photos of my family are getting tossed into a green fog which powers my ship. If I meet anything, a plane or something, they would kill me. I look very peculiar with my huge goggles; anyone would mistake me for a alien. I think my dragon is getting uneasy as I walk along the narrow beam and I start looking down. I Imagine what it would feel like plummeting down. When I get to the end I give my dragon a loving pat. As I walk towards the wheel I look straight ahead and then I start thinking, “Woah the other dragon hunter must be right behind me.” I look behind and sure enough there he is gaining speed. I run to where the frightening green mist is and I grab the only thing left. I know I'm directly over my house. I have one final look at the photos of the family I may never see again; it kills me to throw it over the side of my ship. But I look at the bright side, I am only a couple of days from the eye of the storm. I walk to were the map is and put my gadget onto it and mark the rest of my journey. I suddenly feel a sudden jerk of the ship and sprint to the controls. The worst part of my adventure: the heart of the storm, always pulsing and blowing terrifying gusts of wind. I grab the wheel and turn it as hard as I can. The ship only just misses the inside of the storm. Nobody ever comes out of there, they just carry on turning round and round. I quickly look round before I come tumbling down and the floor meets me. I get up and look round. I wonder how long I have been out and then I see it the eye of the storm!

No comments: